Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Monday, October 24, 2005

I Think I'm Going to like it Here.

Went to the Slaughter Fire Dept./Police Dept./Town Hall to see about the water and gas services for the new house. The clerk told us it was a 100 dollar deposit for each, but since the workers had gone home for the day, she could have it turned on first thing in the morning. We said we weren't closing for over a week and the clerk looked a bit confused as to why we were bothering to show up this early. She said if we got there the morning we needed the services turned on, she'd send the guys out immediately. But they only work until 3:30.

I think I can live with that.

New England, this ain't.

Thank God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bbbeeeeuuuuuuuutiful! Oui,oui! Magnifique!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home