Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, June 16, 2006

On Father's Day.

I'm not very good at getting off my lazy ass to remember to mail a card on any occasion. Too many times I let things that don't mean much to me (but may mean more to others) pass without so much as a stray thought.

I found a well-written article that pretty much sums up a lot that I feel about families. Here is the first paragraph and a link if you'd like to read the whole thing.

Link.

"Father's Day is a day for honoring fathers. But I would like to take a step back and honor men as husbands. In our enlightened, liberated era, we have a tendency to overlook men as husbands, since the father is so often not the husband of the mother. But without some kind of connection between the man and the woman, there is quite literally, no child. I'd like to make the case that the most important thing fathers can do for their children is to love their mother. And likewise, among the many things mothers do for their children, one of the most important is that mothers love their children's father."

Thanks Dad, and Mom, for everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cynicallous, that was quite a good link, very perceptive! We do love so very much and you kids are the best of us!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home