Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Liberal Logic Lacking....

This will be my first political post in quite awhile. Since about January, I've pretty much given up on politics. I know who I'm voting for. Nothing will change my mind, so why pay any attention to the crap flung about trying to persuade imbeciles that probably don't even know how the presidential election process actually works.

That being said, McCain's VP pick has perked my ears. I especially love that Palin is so staunchly Pro-life that she chose not to abort her youngest child even though he is afflicted with Down's Syndrome. Some statistics show that currently, 90% of babies diagnosed with the potential to have Down's Syndrome are aborted. That a lot of abortions, I would expect.

Now for a little logic. First the given set:

Most out homosexuals are liberal.

Most liberals approve of special rights and privelages for homosexuals.

Most of the above groups state that homosexuality is not a choice.

If homosexuality is not a choice, it must be, therefore, genetic.

Now my questions.

If homosexuality is genetic, should we test for it in the womb? (It is obviously a defect, given that it is incompatible with natural procreation.)

Should parents be given the choice to abort a baby they know will be homosexual to avoid the potential hardships that the child's homosexuality will inevitably bring?

Shouldn't homosexuals and others who believe that homosexuality is genetic be Pro-Life?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Sounds good to me!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that were possible, I have no doubt a lot of conservative anti-abortion, pro-lifers would suddenly support a woman's right to choose!

10:32 AM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

Uhhhm. 'Kay....

I'm assuming that tidbit is the equivalent of, "Yo mutha..."

I want facts and logical inferences not nonsensical gibberish. (Note that was a purposeful redundancy. "Conservative anti-abortion, pro-lifer" was accidental, I'm certain.)

And I'm hoping that you have read enough of this to know that you have no idea what I really think. I just like asking difficult questions. Argue the logic.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allrightythen! Go 2evil4u!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As per somewhat usual the computer has burped, or hiccoughed. Sweet Pea left the last comment. It was not anonymous! (Alrightythen!)

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, you're logic has (at least one) big gaping flaw there big bro.

this one:
If homosexuality is not a choice, it must be, therefore, genetic.

plus it also leaps to extreme conclusions and throws out a red herring which pulls away from any initial talk about Palin and whether her personal choices should be fodder for discussing her politics (personally, I can't throw my meaningless support to anyone who doesn't support comprehensive secks ed (misspelling on purpose in case there's a language filter floating around)).

i demand consistent trains of thought dammit!!

oh, and can i get big-sis-in-law's cornbread dressing recipe? will hopefully be introducing a small part of this country to a proper Thanksgiving dinner soon >.<

and double oh, just finished my thesis presentation. Now it's just the wait till the end of November for my results =/

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go Lil Sis....lol I will email it to you let me know how it goes..lol

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home