Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Figures.

Since September of 2007, I have ridden back and forth to Atlanta eight times. That's about 9500 miles with only one significant mechanical or other type of issue. (Last July when the throttle body shaft on the Buell broke.)

Well, I'm flying this time because the mileage cost is significantly greater than the airline ticket and in this economy, for my company, every dollar counts.

What does it look like? Currently Atlanta is running a ground stop. Spectacular. My flight, AirTran 465, by the way, (And somehow I ended up getting upgraded to first class....? seat 1D. I checked in seconds after the window opened up online to ensure I got that seat.) is currently shown as on time, but the two prior are showing delayed. Wonderful.

If I get screwed in an airport by the weather, I'm riding the last two no matter what the bean-counters say.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the weather that bad? What does ground stop mean, that everything on the ground is actually stopped? As in, there is a fog?

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home