Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Busy weekend

Cleaned out the attic yesterday and bought another 23 rolls of R30 rolled glass.

Layed all of the new insulation this morning. Probably need about another 10-15 rolls to really finish up the attic, but it's much better than before. I think that the mouse droppings were contributing more to the R-value than the nearly 25 year old blown cellulose. I also noticed that whenever the previous owners had a piece of carpet padding left from a job (they were contractors) they seemed to have thrown it into the attic in an attempt to mimic insulation.

Water heater is finished. Snaked the wall and ran the new wires for the remote controller. Mounted that in the hall near the main thermostat. That is working very well.

And finally, I changed all four corners of the brakes on the Durango. This is the second time I've done the fronts and Autozone gave me a free set because of the lifetime warranty. (It was definitely time as the passenger's side had just started to scuff the outside of the rotor. No damage to the important part, though.)

The rears were also shot. But 96,500 miles on the OEM rear brakes is pretty good in my book.

The pedal is a bit softer than I'd like , so I guess we'll run them for a few weeks and bleed them to see if I can stiffen it up a bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

I need help getting my library in shape. When are you coming to Moosup? (I don't think that there will be any mouse droppings. Those are in the garage. Puppy's Pop got two more yesterday! mice not droppings.)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home