Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Say Wha...?

Just had a conversation with a co-worker. She was lamenting the fact that a relative of hers, who is serving in the Marines, has just been posted to the "Front Lines" (her term) in Iraq. I said I was proud of him. She said that it was horrible that this kid, who must be a bit learning disabled because he never went to college and decided to join the military, has just reached the "end of life".

I've got to ask for a bit of clarification to see if she thinks everyone who joins the military, or doesn't go to college is learning disabled.

Since my son is in trade school and is looking to enter the service after graduation, I'm thinking I ought to be offended. But then again, she is voting for Kerry.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home