Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Here's a great study.

Day Care May Lower Childhood Leukemia Risk screams the headline. Story Here.

I read this seeming idiocy and thought for a very short while. HOW can anyone actually think there is a link between any of this stuff?

Then I thought about it logically. I expect that Day Care use over the last 35 years has increased significantly. Therefore, according to these morons, childhood leukemia should have correspondingly decreased sharply. Then I looked up the actual statistics. Here's the graph:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, according to REAL DATA, childhood cancer has increased significantly over the last 35 years.

We better get these kids into Day Cares even earlier. 'Cause everyone knows that screaming in a crib next to other screaming babies is a sure-fire leukemia vaccination. Maybe a better study would have linked the effects of mothers dumping their kids in daycare to rising cancer rates. NONE OF IT'S RELATED PEOPLE!

Sheesh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you bothered to read the study. I swear that more morons pop up every day and they actually think that they're intelligent beings! I really don't believe that most people even pay attention to these studies. I hope not! Isn't it amazing what actually gets media attention?

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile--I stumbled upon it much by accident. Keep up the good work.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent analysis of the ACTUAL data by 2Evil4U.

There is no anti-Leukemia benefit to daycare.

Instead, there are a lot of problems with daycare...

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home