Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, April 01, 2005

A tasteless joke and a thought.

Here's the joke:

"Doctors have been recently telling us that starving and dehydrating to the point of death can be described as 'euphoric'. Well. All I know is that somebody is using a non-standard issue dictionary. Those bloated kids in Africa with the flies walking on their eyes and Sally Struthers in the foreground trying to get me to donate money to some charity didn't look like they were my definition of euphoric."

Now the thought:

It seems that the Pope is about to pass into eternity. I've read that he has been described as "extraordinarily serene" even as his organs are shutting down. I'm betting that this is not the euphoria that the doctors were talking about. The finality of understanding that must come with the realization that everything you had taken on faith is right and you don't have to worry anymore. Terri Schiavo had, as the Pope has been given the Sacrament of Last Rights so we can safely assume that she will be there at the door when John Paul 2 arrives.

Now that's a definition of euphoria even I can look forward to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your thought!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home