Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Let's hear it!

Boy. I guess because of the spectacularly frightening coverage of the last storm, and the death knell being sounded by the weatherpeople for this one, everyone living south of Austin has decided to evacuate. At The Same Time. All I've been hearing since I woke this morning is how bad the traffic is, people running out of gas sitting in traffic, going 5 miles in twelve hours, blah, blah, blah.

I still say we're going to get the worst of it. The storm is limping to the right trying to prove me right so I'll wait and see.

Anyway, now that the feds and state officials have carried out a successful evacuation, whose going to bear the blame for not having wide enough roads in place to get them out of harms way?

(OH AND ANOTHER THING. If the weather idiots had predicted what I am, people would have known to head SOUTH rather than north to escape this storm. Heading north is only putting you in harms way away from your home. Brownsville is probably the safest town in Texas today.)

Must be W's fault. He was governor and should have anticipated that we'd see these storms this close and end up with gridlock because an 8 lane highway with all lanes running northbound isn't enough to move 6 million people in 24 hours.

Damn that Karl Rove.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stay safe! OK?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home