Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Phew.

Kinda quiet lately, I know. Busy, Busy, Busy.

New job at work, One more and then one fewer person in the household, A monumental birthday gone awry, near death in the family, Spring yard work, you name it.

I'll start this one slowly.

Back in January, 'the Boy' requested help with his life. Against what should have been my better judgement, I relented and allowed him to return home on the condition that he get his GED and join the service.

Much to my surprise, he pulled it off. And in fine fashion, I might add. He actually buckled down, studied for the GED test, passed it and was inducted into the US Army on March 28. He also got and held a job during his stay here and was able to reimburse us for the money we fronted to get him here and stabilized.

He received nothing but accolades from his boss at the job he had here, and I expect he'll do very well in Basic and AIT at Ft. Benning. He'd been suffering from a chronic case of severe cranial-rectal inversion for about a year and a half, so my expectations were pretty low at the outset. I think my exact words to his mother were, "I'll cry at his graduation from Basic, but for now I'm just going to be pissed off." I'm now no longer pissed off and I think I'm actually proud of what he has finally chosen to do. Hopefully, in about three months, I'll be prouder still.

HOOAAH!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will! You've all done a great job getting him on track. I can't wait to see the results of your faith in him and actually his growing faith in himself.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home