Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

A little thin lately.

Things have been a bit hectic lately. The weather's been fine so I've been working on the cars and the grounds. Ended up getting a sunburn last weekend. (That's hard to take in early March.)

There are a few things up in the air that I plan to orate about but I have to wait until all of the shoes drop.

Currently, I await the arrival of the new battery enclosure for my drag-car. That installation will make it legal again. Then it will be time to see what's left in the old girl. She hasn't been run much in the last seven years or so because of family and monetary commitments, but now there is time for some relaxation.

The car is a solid 14.00 car. My goal for the next few years is to maintain consistency while improving the car into the mid 11's. The only thing required is more motor. I'm debating replacing the current one as a unit or slapping a small blower onto the existing block. The blower would be cheaper in the short term, but will probably be the more difficult way to achieve an 11 second 1320.

Another project I just completed is the installation of a new stereo in my truck. JL Audio is rather proud of their speakers and enclosures, but now that I've fired it up and tuned it, they have every right to be. Absolutely unbelievable. And the technology that SONY has incorporated into their new decks for tuning individual speakers allows even the factory speakers in the vehicle to sound amazing. I'm very pleased with the installation.

Also, to update the last post. The fan replacement went very well and did fix the noise problem. It also allowed me to reduce electrical consumption because the new motor is rated at 1.8 fewer Amps than the old one. But, there hasn't been much testing as the weather has been such that I haven't turned the HVAC system on since I installed the new fan.

They're predicting strong Thunderstorms today and a high tomorrow near 85, so I expect I'll get to test the A/C soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help it! Je t'aime! You keep me in stiches!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home