Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Inventing for lazy parents

I just saw an ad for some special paint marker things for kids. The markers only write on "special"paper. Not anywhere else. The ad showed a 2-ish year old scribbling on a white wall. Then it panned out to show the special paper and how it doesn't harm the wall all the while the "mother" beams with pride at the "art". When did it get so freaking hard to kick your kid's ass for doing something stupid like writing on a wall that an engineer had to develop invisible paint?

Feh. I can't wait until that same rat finds one of daddy's sharpies and pastes the side of his car with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS You've got two, count them two of the same posts! But back to the colors. It is a riot! Actually fun! Some of the new stuff scared me to death! I was babysitting and tried to "clean up" a spot I'd left on a "mat" and the more I washed it the bigger the spot got!!!! So I quit trying and was going to tell the Mom what had happened but by the time the "Mom" got home the spot had dried and there was not a sign that I had played with the "mat!" Absolutely miraculous! Do I approve? Not sure! But in reality it's probably a bad thing because the kids end up playing and they have nothing to show for it.( The stuff disappears when it dries!) I like markers that mark! Then you can beat up on the "rug rats" when they really mess up your walls! The markers that need special paper aren't too bad. I have a lot of fun with them. They also have markers so that you can write all over the bathtub without making a permanent mess. You've got to try it to appreciate it!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home