Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Pictures from the trip

Here is the bike at BMW of Las Vegas when it still had the dirt tires mounted. Great shop. Dale was very accommodating even when I came back un-announced on Friday with the bike mis-firing under load. They figured out one of the four coils was failing, replaced it and the bike ran perfectly after that.



A picture at The Church's home prior to installing my stuff and loading.



Now a few pictures at Hoover Dam. They're a little better than the washed out crap I took last time. I'm still trying to figure out this photography stuff.



The Concourse 1400 showed up as I dismounted. He had just ridden in from Phoenix.



You can see the ugly-assed anti-terror bypass in the background.



The lake level is ultra-low. As recently as 12 years ago it was up to the white stripe on the canyon walls.





Bike overlooking the field where Lake Mead used to be. Lots of closed up boat ramps around the Lake.









By this time it was 106 degrees and I was in full riding garb so I got a couple last pictures and called it quits for the day.

Bike in front of a big red rock.





Then I headed back to base and rolled out first thing in the morning.

The temperature extremes on trips out west are remarkable. I saw 111 degrees at one point on Friday, and Saturday on the way through Flagstaff, it was 56. It's hard to dress appropriately for that kinda swing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking bike. Actually looks comfortable.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home