Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Random wonderings of a raging paranoiac.

I turned in the paperwork for the Louisiana Concealed Carry Permit yesterday.

I had everything all nice and neat and the transaction went smoothly.

What I'm wondering is, after they took my stuff and my driver's license back with them, I had to wait for about 15 minutes before they called me back to be finger-printed. Then after the finger-printing, which took all of a minute, I had to wait for five more minutes to, "Make sure they did a good job on the prints."

I was the only person there.

I think the first pause was to run my license to determine if I needed to be arrested for something, (Did I forget to mention this was done at the State Police HQ?) and the second pause, since the prints were done digitally, was for AFIS to do a quick scan to see if anything showed up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are right about the investigations. Everyone has to check everything even if it makes no sense.
Puppy's Pop

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home