Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Salmonella Outbreak

I had posted on my Facebook page about a bout of food poisoning I developed during my last trip to Atlanta the week of December 1. I found this in the news today:

Link here.

As of Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 388 persons infected with the outbreak strains of Salmonella Typhimurium have been reported from 42 states. Among the 372 persons with dates available, illnesses began between September 3 and December 29, 2008, with most illnesses beginning after October 1, 2008. Patients range in age from <1 to 103 years; 48% are female. Among persons with available information,18% were hospitalized.

Georgia is one of the states that is significantly affected. Oh well. At least I now know what it was.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know if they were able to track the source? It sounds like it was the beef and that's scary as hell.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Bush and his Muslim buddies.

1:55 PM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

Yep. Another article I read said it was beef so that pretty much cinched it.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An altogether different aside. Stop egging him on!!!! Love you anyway! Actually love you both! But you are pains in the butt!(I can't leave comments on his blog because he uses the same computer and I'm kinda blocked out!)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home