Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Boy, Busy New Year so far...

Well, work has been jumping since the New Year. Monster project going on and sucking up all of everybody's time. I suppose it's still fun. Oh well, we'll 'Git-er-done.'

Found out something interesting about our Durango last week. Four wheel drive is a marketing gimmick if the vehicle is not equipped with a Limited Slip Differential in at least the rear end. I had to attempt to pull one of our cars up our driveway on some ice last week and after I got everything hooked up, I put the D in 4-Low and we all just sat there. The two passenger wheels were spinning and we were going nowhere. So, I've found a fix from Richmond Gear. It's called a Powertrax differential insert. It does not require replacing the entire differential carrier, only the spider-gear internals, so the installation should be pretty easy. I'm hoping to have one of those in the truck within the next month. Assuming I don't end up at work 32 hour a day for the next 8 weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't wrong to sell something called 4 wheel drive and it isn't what people expect it to be? I know next to nothing about vehicles but I would have expected all four wheels to grip if I had 4 wheel drive!! Am I looney?

3:24 PM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

Yeah it's pretty silly. Subaru and Audi are about the only 4x4's out there that are actually worth anything. All the rest you've got to know what you're ordering to get something decent.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home