Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Monday, May 02, 2005

My take on bump-drafting

The media's in an uproar over the 25 car pile up that created some excitement at yesterday's Talledega race. All the drivers are whining that the only way to stop it is to remove the restrictor plates.

Now, while I'm all for cars going 230 MPH and flying into the spectator grandstands, I think I have a more workable solution.

Do what the NHRA is doing. Cheap-up the gas.

If Sunoco is the official fuel of NASCAR, start making the teams run pump-grade 87 octane unleaded (MTBE and all) at the superspeedways. That'll take a bit of power out of 'em. I'd love to be able to run 115 octane leaded on the street, but I can't. Why can they?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really think that the teams would like to use that cheap stuff? It would probably be a good thing and actually slow them up just enough! Then we could get some good racing and passing!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home