Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

End of the Tunnel

I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think this one's an oncoming train.

We were finally able to close on our new home in Slaughter last afternoon. The closing itself was uneventful, but the loan processor was worthless. She showed no sense of urgency or attention to detail and when she realized she didn't have some paper-work that was "absolutely necessary or we can't fund the loan," the morning of our closing, she chose to wait until literally twenty minutes prior to closing to tell us that she didn't have the paperwork. We managed to pull it off, but I'm not a fan of big drama when big money is involved.

Anyway, we bought some cleaning supplies and the girls are going to start scouring the house while I'm at work. I bought a new vacuum. A Dyson. (You know, the one with that annoying British guy who says, "It's the only vacuum that won't lose suction.") I tell you what. The people who sold us the house vacuumed before they left. I put the Dyson together and did one 14x14 foot square room with it last night. It picked up two inches of DIRT. Not carpet fuzz. Dirt. This thing is an animal. And very simple to operate and clean. I'm impressed.

Oh well. Now the only thing left is to fly home this weekend, pack up and drive back here to meet the movers when they deliver our stuff.

Almost normal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only say, "God bless!" It's wonderful. It's marvelous. Bonne chance!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home