Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mmmmmm, Eeyeeaaaah.......

Now for something completely different.

I had the chance to spend about a week in Austin, Texas recently. Austin is famous for a bunch of stuff, but most importantly, it was where a lot of the movie, 'Office Space' was filmed. Through the magic of the internet, I was able to locate several of the venues that were used during the outside shots of the movies. I was able to get pictures of each with either me of my truck in the shot.

Yeah? Well I think it's cool.

Anyway, here are the pics and some short descriptions:

In order of appearance in themovie, first, the street where the opening traffic jam was filmed:

Image hosting by Photobucket

You can see there is no sidewalk where that old dude with the walker was. But that is the fence.

Next, the IniTech building:

Image hosting by Photobucket

The actual front was around the left side of this same building but it was full up with cars. It looks about the same from all angles, though. No Porsche in my parking spot.

Next the ditch that Smykowski trips up on the way back from Tchotchkies:

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is just around the back of the IniTech building in South Austin.

Finally, the buiding that provided the front for Tchotchkies:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Yes, it's a bank. I was wondering what they'd think about some weirdo from Louisiana taking pictures of a bank, but nothing came of it. (Jennifer Aniston never showed up, either.)

Thanks to Amanda S. for help getting some of the shots and for directions around town.

That's pretty much my trip to the mecca of the cubicle dwellers. Next time, I'm going to try ot get better shots showing the backgrounds and other buildings that were used in the film.

Yeah, I know, but what else is there to do in Austin? ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make me laugh so much! Thanks! By the way that truck looks pretty clean! Hope it's starting to run better too! (I like the picture of the ditch the best!)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

excellent material!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home