Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Say what you will about the French.....

But those Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys know how to manufacture tires.

Changed the tires on the Dodge to brand spanking new Michelin LTX A/S 245-70R17's in about 90 minutes this evening with my Harbor Freight tire buster.

Really not too bad. Now I'm awaiting the DynaBeads I ordered to balance them. Although, after the test drive, there doesn't seem to be a lot of balancing required.

Now the tires are good, the speedo is dead on, the truck is quiet and it rides like a dream. If I get another 62,150 miles out of these like the last set I'll be very satisfied with the cost of the tires.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Wish My Tires Had Let Me Go That Long

11:38 AM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

Some things, you get what you pay for. The total bill for the new shoes was $925 not including the stuff to balance them.

A comparable set of Michelins for your truck with a 65000 mile warranty would cost about $880 if you installed them yourself.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked the Michelin Man!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice To Know For Later

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home