Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Woo Hoo! Ultimate Recoil, Here I Come!

My new bullets arrived last week for my S&W Performance Center 500 Magnum Pistol.

700gr hard cast tyrannosaurus stoppers from Ranger Rick.

27 grains of Hodgdon Lil' Gun should put them right about 1340fps.

http://www.lsstuff.com/ranger-rick/

For Reference Left to Right

.357 Mag - .45 ACP - 300gr JHP - 350gr JHP - 700gr HC



For additional reference, a 12ga slug masses about 485gr and a 3" Magnum shell will generally only hit about 1760fps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Puppy going to do now? Stopping dinosaurs is her job.
Dad

3:05 PM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

She trees them. I still have to make the kill shot.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home