Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

'Tis the Season...

For life changing car accidents.

I'm not sure why it happens, but it does down here, every year like clockwork. The week before Thanksgiving through the week after New Years, everybody completely loses their minds when they get in a vehicle.

It started yesterday. The traffic was fairly light compared to normal but I saw two injury accidents on I10 on my way to work and then there was the rig that flipped over on my way home that I posted about last evening.

This morning was more of the same. I-12 east is still closed near the Amite River Bridge because of a trailer truck accident. It must be a good one as the cameras in that area are not trained on it. I also saw another pile up on I-10 west at the Acadian Thruway exit while I was passing through eastbound.

Again, the traffic level was very light this morning, but people are just driving distracted.

Be careful out there, Somebody is probably counting on you coming home for the holidays.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There have been 2 head-on collisions in DFW in the past week, due to idiots driving on the wrong side of divided freeways. One of them, the cops were driving next to the woman trying to get her to pull over.


Craziness.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Qu'que chose said...

It's true. I've got to stop using Starkweather Road or one of these days someone's going to get the Saturn. I don't mind speed but I do mind them driving on my side of the road.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home