Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Training to Commence.

So. I've entered myself into the local "Corporate Cup".

Link to site here

Main reason for me entering this is that when I hit 39 last October, I determined that before I turned 40, I was going to run in a 5k race and finish in under 28 minutes.

That probably doesn't sound like much if you're a runner, but I'm not one. That will require maintaining a slightly better than 9 minute mile pace for a little over three miles. I've done it a few times on hotel treadmills, but never really pushed myself to see what I can do on the road.

My training aid arrived yesterday in the form of a Timex Ironman Global Trainer GPS watch with heart rate monitor. When the temps get up into the 40s today I'm going to give it a test run.

Hopefully, it will allow me to learn what pacing I can maintain versus what I need to maintain in order to be able to complete the race as I'd like to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home