Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Off to vote again

We ended up with a couple run off elections after last month's voting so I'm headed to vote again this morning.

Talmadge Bunch, (our Sheriff, was there ever another Sheriff better named for a parish in southern Louisiana?), was the only "D" I voted for last time and since he did the honors and randomly picked me as grand jury foreman, I guess I'll go pull the lever for him again.

(The warden at the East Feliciana Jail, Ray Newman, an impressive man in his own right, in a Sorel Booke sort of way, (stature-wise, not operationally), mentioned that he'd probably be out of a job if ol' Talmadge didn't get relected. So since everything seemed to be functioning properly while we were there and since he gave me a ride back to the courthouse after the prison bus we were in broke down, I'm off to the polls.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home