Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Saving Gas

I moderately hypermile while on my way to and from work. I can normally get about 32 mpg out of my 2003 Dodge Stratus with the 200hp 3.0L V6 and 5 speed without trying too hard. (149,200 miles and going strong.)

Main tactics are never using the brakes and killing the engine at stoplights.

Just because I've been bored, I'm more aggressively working the fuel savings on this tank. So far, using a lot of engine off coasting and general momentum driving, I'm averaging 37.3 mpg for the first 175 miles of this tank. It's really not too hard and I've not made a nuisance of myself in traffic. I keep up with the flow when I have to.

Now that gas down here has hit the $3.50/gallon mark, I'm once again noticing many more people slowing down (and generally getting in my way.) The slowdown usually starts about $3.35. Now it's in full swing and will only continue as people try to make their tanks last until the next paycheck shows up only to be pumped into the tank.

Oh well. Should be in the $4+ range by this summer. We're getting pretty close to the target that uppity prick in the Oval Office set when he first took office. So I guess that's one thing at which the retarded cocksucker has succeeded.

In my world, the slower everybody else goes, the easier it is to go slow without getting in the way and the better mileage I get. So at least I've got that going for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

Cheapest gas around here: $3.81. Feel certain they will get us to their target, $5.00.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home