Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Imus in a Teapot.

I'm not sure where I was going with that Title, but whatever.

So. People are surprised that Imus made a stupid and fairly un-funny comment on his show last week. I'd wager, that if you searched the transcripts for the phrase, "Nappy-headed" you would find that that was not the first time that phrase was used. Having listened to Imus for nearly 25 years, now, that phrase has a certain Imus-like quality about it. The fact that it ended up being directed at the University of New Jersey's women's basketball team is irrelevant.

All the typical demagogues are working themselves into a lather as usual. I'm sure they're just angling to make a quick buck and will move on the the next poor sucker who isn't politically correct enough in public.

What I find rather humorous in the entire situation and the timing is there is a high-school in Georgia that, UNTIL THIS YEAR, has been having segregated proms. I never heard anyone bitching about that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never really liked Imus too much. He's really too predictable and in this day and age, corny. But. . . I think that what did him in is the HO comment more than anything else. He's always insulted people but it's funny to see him squirming and being bitten by his own! The whole thing is comical. I don't feel sorry for him but I must admit that some of his detractors are more ignorant and actually racist than he his. He is not a racist he's just a stupid jock!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who remembers Imus' stint about the Black Beatles? He rewrote the song Yellow Submarine to say Yellow Coupe DeVille. No one said a peep back then. He's not squirming, he's laughing his butt off somewhere realizing that this country is so overly sensitive and liberal its pathetic.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home