Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Going for a little ride tomorrow

So, I have managed to put 9500 miles on the Buell in the last 10 months. (700 since last Monday.) I intend to roll over the fifth digit tomorrow. I'll be heading out from home and running up through Natchez, MS to catch the Southern third (or so) of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Up to Kosciusko, MS and back should give me a nice 500 mile round trip. Here's a map of my intended route. (No highways for me.)

I do wonder if the bridge in New York is named for the same dude. I always heard traffic updates for it when I listened to 880 WCBS.

Sure enough, it is!

Thaddeus Kosciusko (1746-1817)- Polish patriot and soldier

And to top off that little circular history lesson, he served under Nathanael Greene, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please be carefull, Love ya!

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's my kind of History Lesson.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home