Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Get a Government Job.

It must be nice to not have to use any portion of your brain, but still get compensated at about twice the rate of a non government flunky.

I've spent the last month or so not really battling with the Louisiana State Department of Revenue as standing awestruck at what they made me do so they could clean up their records.

To be honest, I did misread the LA tax code and not file taxes for someone in 2008 because we were only owed $5.00 and it was more of a hassle than the $5 was worth at the time. That person had unfortunately, made just enough to have gone over the minimum required to not file taxes.

I guess someone in the tax department did an audit and noticed that no return was filed so the started sending me letters asking for documentation.


Luckily, I was able to dig it all up and sent them the tax returns as requested.

About two weeks later, even though I had written them a note saying I didn't care about the pittance of a refund, they wrote me another letter demanding copies of the W2's for the returns.

I was actually able to print them out and ship them off.

Now, about two weeks later, I arrived home from work to find a $5.00 check from the LDR in my mail box.

I wonder how many hours of some person making $50/hour's time they just wasted to gather all of the paperwork and send me $5 that I told them I didn't care about.

Oh well, I guess my little part of the Louisiana tax system will now pass their internal audits.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

Now that is hilarious! Can't believe you still had all the paper work. They might have charged you $500 for lack of proof that they owed you $5!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home