Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cub Cadet, Down the Shitter.

So, I was mowing for the third time this week, this afternoon in order to just keep up with the Ridiculously fast growing St. Augustine, and as I was covering some of the whoop-t-doos in the front forty, I came to a rather unexpected sudden stop.

The left front wheel of my mower had broken through the top of an ancient buried steel septic tank. I gingerly tried to back it out to no avail, so off I went to get the mighty Ford.

4-Low (just because it was there) and a strap had the mower back on solid (ish?) ground in a matter of moments.

Now I only had to do something with the two foot diameter hole in my yard that led to a tankful of black water.

I figured I'd dump some of my old rotting wood into it and cover it with a 2' square piece of leftover cabinetry.

I carted the wood over and started tossing it in. It was at this point, under the aerial assault that the rest of the cover gave way and now I have a FIVE FOOT diameter by who knows how deep septic pond in my front yard. Not needing anything to stumble into it, I grabbed the rest of all the junk wood I had laying around and piled it in. It's at least basically covered, but I didn't make a dent in the actual volume of this monster.

If the entire cover had given way, I and probably the entire mower would have gone for a rather nasty swim.

I'll worry about it next week, but I think I'm going to need several yards of dirt to fill the hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home