Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

The Death Penalty and Economics

I am not a believer in giving many people the benefit of the doubt. I believe that the world would be a much better place if we just nuked the Middle East in its entirety. To hell with "Just War" bullshit and civilian casualty whiners.We stopped the Japs and the Germans in WW2 by the application of excessive force. That approach is still valid and would be more than acceptable to me in the current conflicts we are in.

So Connecticut is getting ready to re-abolish the death penalty. I don't blame them. The analysis of the economics of the death penalty in CT (Read it here, if you'd like.) shows a decent savings by not having to litigate the current ludicrous appeals process.

I've an even cheaper alternative. The final analysis shows that the total cost per inmate of a life sentence is $1,300,000.

Instead of commuting all the death penalties to Life Sentences, Just execute the bloody lot of them.

Now THAT's how you save money.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Perry Rose said...

After we clean out the prisons we can get all the politicians. Glory to the executioner. Can I get an Amen?

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home