Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Oh look, violin strings...

A guy brought his truck to a friend of mine's auto shop the other day. He said, "I don't know what's going on, I just hear a loud bangity-bangity-bang whenever the truck is moving." My friend said, "Leave the truck and I'll see what I can find." That afternoon he took the truck for a ride and sure enough, bangity-bangity-bang as long as the truck was moving. So he brought it back to the shop, had lunch, and then put the truck on the lift to check underneath it. When he went under the truck to look for the source of the noise, he immediately had to run outside to keep from losing his lunch.

He recovered and called the truck's owner. He told him, "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is I found the source of the noise. The bad news is I also found your cat."

Seems that 'ol Tabby had taken to napping on the drive shaft with a paw through the U-joint. For lack of a digital camera I don't have pictures of this. The shop is now better equipped so if it ever happens again (riiiight) It'll be right here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really is a riot!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home