Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

God and man at the Wireless Company

I usually dread calling any of my numerous service providers to make account changes. Seven hundred buttons to get through the automated system only to be transferred from agent to agent until you get disconnected.

I had to call Cingular customer service last Sunday to cancel one of my phone plans. I expected a hard sell to get me to renew the contract with an accompanying side of surliness.

I was shocked. Not only did the associate do exactly what I asked immediately, he was pleasant, apologized for keeping me waiting, and to my surprise, ended the call with, "God Bless."

I wonder. Could he have been reprimanded for his closing comment if his employer had overheard? If not, Cingular is less average than I first thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home