Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

And I Though I was Whiny

Here's an interesting article about today's planned protest of the Talledega NASCAR Race. The protest is being held by the "National Association for Minority Race Fans". Near as I can tell these overly-sensitive twits are depressed that there happen to be many confederate flags displayed in the infield and stands at NASCAR races.

The group's purpose is "to create a safe race track environment while pursuing the political, social and economic equality of minority groups and citizens who desire to enjoy NASCAR events without racial bigotry."

What the hell does that mean? I've followed NASCAR very closely since Dodge re-entered the lineup and I can't remember any type of lynching, burning crosses, social workers shot in their cars or anything serious related to racial prejudice. NASCAR is a sport with south-eastern heritage. Get over it. I don't hear caucasians protesting about the degradation of the American music catalog by the inclusion of Rap. (Although they should.)

For Christ's sake, Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition (Now that's probably a coalition that John Kerry considers "legitimate".) have already bent NASCAR over and extorted money from them under the threat of a civil lawsuit for not having enough minority drivers. (Yeah, and I think I should be paid about what Kobe makes to play basketball. A bunch of inept short white guys would surely boost the NBA's ratings share, right?)

Jesus. Why can't people just mind their own business. Again, I blame lawyers. It's too easy to sue someone who "offends" you rather than develop a thick skin and an ability to laugh at yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home