Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

What a week.

Finally, sitting on my porch contemplating the past week over a cigar and a few beers. Pretty good week, personally, at work. Not so good for everyone else at work. Several long outages because of parts failure, one mechanics sister's appendix rupturing, and my counterpart across the department almost being killed in a motorcycle accident last night, made for a lot of hours. But, everything is running again, and Herb will be OK eventually. The accident did postpone my transfer/promotion as I now will be covering for Herb while he recuperates. And who knows, he may retire after this. He's certainly able and I'm sure his wife would appreciate it.

Anyway, I was supposed to drive to Forney for the long weekend, but I'm tired and certainly don't need to create any more road hazards. So that will wait until tomorrow.

Upside is I've found a dragstrip that races on Saturday. So, I'm shooting to get the car back on the track by April 29. Yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poops going to hit the fan when
Ma reads this.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand why anything should be hitting a fan!!!! Have a good weekend and be super careful. Oh, I get it! Eureka! It's about the motorcycle accident! I must admit that I get scared to death when I think of you on the Harley but you don't have it. . . So, I'll worry later! Who knows you may fix it up someday and just keep it to look at!!! I actually do keep you guys in my prayers. My "little sister" angel is always with you. But of course she can't do everything so as I said, Be careful!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home