Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Be it ever so expensive, there's no place like home, (for the food.)

For some odd reason, lately I've been craving, of all things, clamcakes.

If you didn't grow up in New England, I'd wager you haven't a clue what I'm referring to. They are, by my account, one of the best foods on earth.

I remember a little floating stand (Literally, it was ON Beech Pond.)that we would go to when I was probably no older than ten. We'd pick up a dozen or two of the fried treats and they'd disappear nearly before we got them home for Ma'Tante.

I've got to find a recipe for them. I'd bet they'd go over HUGE down here if I substituted crawfish.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Wasn't that a neat place to go! That was where I saw my first UFO, at Beach Pond, when I was about 11 or 12! I kid you not, it really was a UFO, at least Pepere told me it was!! I can probably get you a rather decent recipe for the clamcakes if you'd like. A cousin of Puppy's Pop makes them for us at our September Tournament and people rave!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS What about MaTante's Blanche's?

5:35 PM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

I found a recipe in the Big Green Cookbook. Is that one I've ever tried would you know?

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt it. Puppy's Pop's cousin actually uses a package mix but then gets his own fresh quahogs. They really are excellent. I think that it's the fresh quahogs that do the trick. Someone I know used his package mix and canned clams and said that they didn't really come out as good.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home