Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Stereotypes. Not necessarily incorrect.

The following happened yesterday about 15 miles from here.

Gunman Kills Two People Inside Louisiana Office

The suspect lives about a mile from us.

I was in the local Dollar General picking up a few more cans of chicken stock for the dressing and overheard an interesting conversation between the cashier and an exiting customer, both of whom are black and obviously live in the area.

At first I didn't know who they were talking about, as I had figured that the gunman in the above story was white for some reason.

I figured it out about halfway through the portion of the conversation that I overheard.

What was a kicker for me was the following comment from the customer, "He always looked like a gangsta, but he was the sweetest guy you ever knew."

Wonder if I would have been a racist for calling a gangsta a gangsta prior to the shooting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home