Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Another Toy

Picked this up over Thanksgiving. A friend had bought it last year, but it had stopped working and he was going to toss it. I said WHOA!!. I'll take it. I figured it would be something to play with.

I got it home, (It weighs nearly 200#.) and plugged it in. It was throwing a code 12. I did a little digging around in the cabinet and on the internet and found that that means the memory battery on the main board is dying.

I cobbled three AA batteries together with some wire and solder and soldered them across the battery on the board. Plugged the unit back in and viola, it started right up.

I've since replaced the soldered together batteries with a little battery holder so I can change them on the fly. Now I'm just taking my time cleaning it and fixing the few things that are left. I had to replace the fluorescent lights in it and clean a few of the sensors, but in general, for a nearly twenty year old actual quarter slot machine, it's running very well.

For reference, I ran the numbers that are in the machine and it seems to be set for 92.35% payout.

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

I love it. Can't wait to come down and play it. A guaranteed win, right, since we're related?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Perry Rose said...

I hope you can get it to pay out squeeky toys.
Tweaking the ball spring could very well have helped. I would have if I could have found it.

2:55 PM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

SP - If you bring the quarters, you can keep the winnings... ;-)

Dad - Even if it did, it still couldn't keep up. And hopefully, that spring does work. Although as long as I had to kick it today, it may have been able to suck the residual back in before it actually started.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home