Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Data point #3

Went out this evening even though I didn't really feel like it. Tried to run the same pace and form as last time. That resulted in a lot of running interspersed with fits of walking to recover once my heart rate exceeded 185. I seem to be able to maintain about 178 without too much difficulty, but once I push it into the mid 180s I get tired quickly.

In any case, the upshot is that I was able to complete 3.147 miles in 27:58:05. That's the first time I've been able to hit my target on the street. (Although, given the condition of the roads in my neighborhood, I might as well be running on baby-head gravel.)

My knee is doing OK, although as I tired towards the end my form went bad and it started to ache a little, but I was able to reset and get it back to workable.

So, it continues.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

Sois sage.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home