Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Corrosion. It's a gas.

So I procrastinated fortuitously in collecting my trash cans this week and when i finally did stumble up the drive to retrieve them, I found that when my neighbor had mowed her lawn, she had bumped my gas line and the rust that was holding the gas in finally let go. I shut off the gas and started digging.

Photobucket

Here is the problem and the neat compression coupling that connects the galvanized pipe to the plastic pipe in the ground:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And all tied back together after a couple hours and $30 in parts:
Photobucket
Photobucket

That should last much longer than the original as I insulated the pipe and coupling from the worst of the dirt. Since the original lasted about 26 years, I shouldn't have to worry about this for awhile. The mirror connection from the ground to the house on the other hand....

1 Comments:

Blogger Qu'que chose said...

I know it's not funny but I couldn't help a laugh when I saw the corroded pieces. Holy smokes, that was really grave (pun intended!) Thank goodness you got to it on time.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home