Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Alright, P.C. run amok

I work for a large corporation. A Fortune 500, multinational company. We're base in the United States. More employees of my company reside in the United States than in any other country on earth.

Why is it, then, that when I have to look someone up in the corporate directory, I have to scroll down nearly all the way to Uruguay before I can select United States? It's infuriating to think that there is no way to bump the US and Canada to the front of the list so the bulk of the company's employees can waste less time.

Politically correct alphabetizing be damned. Set it up for maximum efficiency!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you buy off of the Internet you'll find that most companies do put USA at the top of their lists!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home