Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I hope I'm right...

Not that this isn't a serious situation, but I think The Weather Channel is overdoing it. Kinda like the Nor'Easters that are going to dump 28" of snow and then drop 8". Comparing the National Weather Service forecast and the Weather Channel forecasts, I'm seeing a 20+mph disparity in estimated wind speed for Zachary. 30-45mph from the NWS and 50-70mph from TWC. That's a big damned difference. Of course, the National Weather Service isn't trying to sell ad time.

Unfortunately, this storm is so hyped now, if it by God doesn't cause any true carnage, the locals are going to say, "Look, you got us all packed up and moved out for nothing again." and it will be even that much harder and will require even more ludicrous hype to get them out next time. So, TWC is banking on major destruction to make money.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still taking them seriously! Tomorrow is the big hit!!! It said 80-90 mph winds! So smarty pants, be good!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are right! Again....

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better be right because I am worried to death about you!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the call she said thank you!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I AM A LITTLE WORRIED I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO YOU. I AM PRAYING THAT YOUR ALRIGHT PLEASE CALL WHEN YOU CAN.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home