Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

And another thing....

I'm sick of the news-nerds saying things like we have to pity the poor people who evacuated but didn't bring their medication. The announcers say that they had to evacuate so quickly they couldn't take anything. Bull-Shiiiit.

I seem to recall that there was a state of emergency declared in both LA and MS as far back as Friday, August 26. If these people had to evacuate in a hurry, that only means that they waited until it was too late even beyond the mandatory evacuation that started on 8/28.

Now, I can understand that if you need insulin and it needs to be in a refrigerator, you have other problems, your stuff may have gone bad. BUT if you're on a serious maintenance medication and you didn't think to take it with you when you evacuated, Don't expect me to worry about it too much. I had to use Dial-up, ya know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really hit the nail on the head!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home