Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Now the fun begins.

The hotel I'm staying at has emptied a bit over the last couple days. Now, however, the traffic in this little town is picking up exponentially. There is a line at the gas stations from 7am when I went to work 'til 6:30pm when I returned from looking at houses. I'm pretty sure where these people are coming from, but I'm not sure when they're going to leave. There isn't much infrastructure here to support much more than the few extra people who showed up to escape the initial storm.

Seems like the right thing to do would be to move all the unfortunates to the states that have the lowest unemployment. There would obviously be better chances for them to start anew there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. I'm glad to see you have not softened over the last week! Love ya and see ya SOON!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've definitely got a point there. But it sounds too simple and so I'm sure that is not what is going to happen!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home