Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Attic Insulation Completed

Finally. The last of the insulation is laid down. I also cleaned out the attic while I was at it. What a pile of trash. The only really useful stuff I found was a pile of the original flooring from our front foyer, so now I can repair the two water damaged spots if I want without having to replace the entire room.

The final tally was 54 rolls of R30 unfaced glass. (I had two extra out of the 56 I bought.)

Here are some pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So far it's been worth it. We've had a slightly colder than normal fall so far and I still haven't had to turn on the gas heat. We've lit the fireplace a few times but the interior temperature of the house is very stable now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

Look like a job well done.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home