Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Test Run

Just a short run this evening because I got out of work late and it was getting dark pretty quickly.

Mainly a test run for the new knee brace. Seemed like it did help. I ran my short circuit which is 1.400 miles in 11:26. That was four seconds quicker than my best time from about 19 months ago before my broken ankle and when I weighed about 15 pounds less, so I'm pretty happy about that.

The knee stayed basically happy and I was able to vary my speed from a 7 minute to a 9.5 minute pace without the usual discomfort. Hopefully this will keep helping. If it seems decent on a longer run, I think I'm going to order a better quality brace to improve the comfort factor.

So far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home