Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Enough for today.

Things got off to a somewhat less than auspicious start this morning when, at Lowe's, I ran over my right little toe with the center castor of my loaded cart.

I don't think this is supposed to be this color.

Photobucket

Anyway, at least now I know which ankle to limp on.

So I tore the rest of the back apart and started with the rebuild. It went pretty well overall. I was able to salvage the fascia on the north side of the house and just had to replace 8' of soffit over there. I didn't get a picture when it was totally apart, but here it is slightly before and then after replacing the 50' 8.5" of 2x4.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the pile of rotted junk I've got left so far.

Photobucket

And here it is almost complete.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll finish this up tomorrow and then powerwash it and fix a couple holes in the low shingles to get it ready for the upcoming rain.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an adage that "if I'm not bleeding I'm not having fun".
Dad

5:37 AM  
Blogger 2Evil4U said...

You'd probably be where I picked it up, then. With this one, it's like Al Bundy. It's trying to hold the blood in.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Qu'que chose said...

Wear one of those sandal like affairs that won't squash your toe. It takes some weeks for it to get better if you broke it. Ca fait mal. Hurts like a son-of-a-gun.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home