Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Tools for the Plantation

Wanted to clear out more brush along the north perimeter. I knew my old trusty Echo saw was on its last legs and as I reinstalled the chain the other bolt holding the bar broke. (The first broke some months ago.)

So, off to LeBlanc's to peruse their selection of power equipment.

I am very happy with my new saw. It is an absolute animal. Only a 20 inch bar, but it handled my petrified stumps with ease. Stihl sells their own premix fuel. I grabbed a can for the break in. I'll probably continue to use it as it is good for six months and smells like race gas. $8 per quart, but for a $450 saw, it's worth it.




1 Comments:

Blogger Qu'que chose said...

Don't forget to bring it up for Labor Day. Have a big stump to get rid of.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home