Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Idiocracy

Just watched Mike Judge's latest film, "Idiocracy."

Fantastic. As you may know, I believe that Mike's earlier work, "Office Space," is the finest film ever created. I went into Idiocracy with high hopes.

While Idiocracy is not quite up to the level of Office Space, It still did not disappoint.

The movie is set around an Army corporal and a hooker that were mistakenly kept in suspended animation for 500 years. Given the dumbing down of society, they awake as the smartest people on the planet and set about saving the world.

The social satire is phenomenal, with everything base and crass of today taken to its most extreme.

Unfortunately, it's not difficult to believe that we're actually on the course laid out in the film.

I guess, though, that the true lesson of Idiocracy is that Rupert Murdoch and the gang at Fox are actually a bunch of P-C pussies. Fox decided to kill the film and not release it to theaters widely or advertise it at all. I guess the story hit too close to home. (Although, I didn't see any muslims, so I suppose we won that one...) Maybe that was the problem?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I hope you have the DVD so we'll be able to watch it soon!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home