Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Made it home no problem.

The Durango towed very well. It has the same engine as my 3/4 ton Ram did so it definitely has the torque to move the load. Leaving the transmission in Tow/Haul mode and feathering the pedal up hills to avoid down shifting netted me 12.0 mpg.

Considering that the truck & trailer combo weighed about 7500# and my Durango weighs about 4100#, I'm very happy with the towing performance. The trailer brakes and the Takonsha P3 brake controller are awesome. Absolutely no worries about getting the thing whoa'ed up.

I wouldn't do it all the time as the Durango suspension and transmission aren't really rated for that kind of consistent abuse, but for a one off, it performed flawlessly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

Excellent! ( prononciation française, bien sûr!)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home