Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back to work on the Ford

The F150 has had a sticky throttle off the bottom since I got it. While changing the spark plugs I saw a sticker on the throttle body that said "Do not clean throttle body. Special coating on the body and blade."

It would seem that was taken to heart over the last 201000 miles as the poor thing was filthy. I removed it and hit it with carb cleaner and a wire brush to remove the 1/4" of black filth that had built up in it. I then lubed it up and reinstalled it. Smooth as silk now.

No more lurchy starts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Saturn had the same problem except there wasn't any warning about not cleaning it. I sprayed carb cleaner on the goo and it was like new again. This sounds like the M-16 deal back in the mid 60's. Gun don't need cleaning except when the politicians use different powder.
Dad

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home